Right from the start, we have taken the best products and practices from core industrial manufacturing sectors and transformed them into something great. Pyrok 9142 is a two-component water-based adhesive developed for bonding applications in aerospace and mass transit interiors.
FORMOA 066 & FORMOA Primer can bond very well to PP and PE. PP and PE are plastics with low surface energy, typically below 38 dyne’s. Dyne’s is the unit of measurement for surface energy. A substrate can be broadly deemed as bondable if it’s surface energy is above 38 dyne’s. The surface energy of PP and PE can be increased by chemical, flame, plasma, crona treatment etc. If a flexible bond is required, FORMOA Primer PP is an excellent chemical primer which improves adhesion and thus overall performance.
Open time is the time frame from when the adhesive is applied to when it no longer bonds to another substrate.
Handling strength is the time it takes for a 25mm x 25mm lap shear joint to reach 0.3N/mm². In simple terms this is the point in which it is no longer possible to pull the joint apart by hand using tensile shear force.
Full cure is the time for the adhesive to reach its ultimate lap shear strength.
Recommended storage temperatures can be found on each specific technical data sheet. These will generally be quoted as +5°C to +25°C. The ideal temperature however, is +15°C to 25°C.
The temperature and humidity in the environment as well as the temperature of the substrate will have a big effect on the cure speed of an adhesive. The substrate and adhesive should be between + 15°C and 25°C. For every 8°C drop in temperature the cure time doubles and for every 8°C increase in temperature the cure time is half.
FORMOA 1K adhesives are moisture curing systems that cure ‘from the outside in’ using atmospheric moisture. Cure is measured in mm/24 hour period. It would therefore not be expected for a 20mm wide bond to be fully cured and dry all the way through after 24 hours.
By using this website, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions which govern FORGEWAY’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term “FORGEWAY” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website. Its registered office is: FORGEWAY, Collett Way, Brunel Road Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4PH, United Kingdom. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
Any content found on this website is for general information and use only and is subject to change without notice.
Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Any information or materials found on this website are used entirely at your own. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by, or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any reproduction of these materials is prohibited.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by these terms and conditions of use. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep this website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, this website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Any dispute arising out of the use of this website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website you can be assured that it will be secure. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may collect the following information about you: name and job title; contact information including email address; other demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons: internal record keeping; to improve our products and services; to periodically send you promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting by using the email address that you have provided.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small administration fee will be payable upon application. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Company Administrator, FORGEWAY, Collett Way, Brunel Road Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4PH, United Kingdom. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, or incomplete, please write to us as at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st December 2010.
1. GENERAL These terms and conditions apply in preference to and supersede any terms and conditions referred to, offered or relied on by the buyer whether in negotiation or at any step in the dealings between the seller and buyer with reference to the goods to which this contract relates. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the seller will not be bound by any standard or printed terms furnished by the buyer in any of its documents, unless the buyer specifically states in writing separately from such terms that it intends such terms to apply and the seller acknowledges such notification in writing.
2. VARIATION Neither the buyer nor the seller shall be bound by any variation waiver nor addition to these conditions except as agreed by both parties in writing and signed on their behalf.
3. LIABILITY (a) The seller accepts liability for death or personal injury arising out of its negligence or the negligence of its servants or agents.
(b) In no event shall the seller be liable for incidental or consequential loss or any loss of business profit.
(c) The maximum liability of the seller under these conditions shall be the contract price of the goods.
(d) Nothing in this clause shall affect the statutory rights of a consumer under the Unfair Contracts Act 1977 or the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
(e) ADHESIVES Whilst the seller endeavours to advise buyers on how to obtain the best results with its products no liability or responsibility is accepted for results nor does the seller undertake that any of its products is suitable for any particular purpose even though it may be. One of the seller’s reasons for this disclaimer of liability is that it has no control over the manufacture of articles in or to which its products may be used or applied or the conditions under which its products may be stored or used.
4. PRICE (a) Unless otherwise agreed in writing prices are quoted ex-works and exclusive of Value Added Tax.
(b)All quotations and estimates issued by the seller are, unless otherwise stated, based on the current cost of production and are subject to amendment before acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
(c) Any variation to prices quoted as a result of government taxes and levies will be for the buyer’s account.
(d) No quotation shall be taken as an offer but only as an invitation to treat.
5. PAYMENT (a) Payment for goods supplied is due on delivery. If credit terms have been agreed payment is due 30 days from the date of delivery. (b) If payment of the price or any part is not made by the due date the seller shall be entitled:
(i) To charge interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 2% per month calculated on a daily accruing basis
(ii) To require payment in advance of delivery of undelivered goods
(iii) To refuse to make delivery of any undelivered goods whether ordered under the contract or not and without incurring any liability whatever to the buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery
(iv) To terminate the contract.
6. WARRANTIES The buyer shall be entitled to the benefit of such manufacturers warranties as are available in respect of the goods supplied.
7. RISK The risk shall pass to the buyer at the time of delivery to the buyer’s premises or any other agreed delivery address.
8. TIME The seller undertakes to use its best endeavours to despatch the goods on the promised delivery date but does not guarantee to do so. Time shall not be of the essence of the contract unless expressly so stipulated in writing.
9. TITLE (a) Title to the goods shall not pass to the buyer until the date on which the entire contract price has been paid in full and any cheques cleared.
(b) If the buyer fails to pay any sum due to the seller forming part of the contract price or if the buyer enters into liquidation commits any act of bankruptcy or has a receiver liquidator or administrator appointed in respect of its property or enters into any voluntary arrangement composition or scheme with its creditors the seller may retake possession of the goods and the buyer grants to the seller an irrevocable licence to enter on any premises of the buyer for that purpose.
(c) Until the earlier to occur of either
(i) recovery of physical possession of the goods by the seller in accordance with clause (b) above or
(ii) payment in full of the contract price to the seller the buyer agrees to hold the goods as bailee of the seller.
10. FORCE MAJEURE If delivery is delayed by strikes, lockouts, fire, accident, defective materials, delays in receipt of raw materials or bought-in goods or components or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the seller a reasonable extension of time for delivery shall be granted.
11. CANCELLATIONS Special orders for non-stock items must be placed in writing and cannot be cancelled by the buyer. The seller reserves the right to refuse cancellation of any order particularly (but not thereby limiting the generality of the seller’s right) in case of goods ready for despatch, in transit or in the process of manufacture.
12. RETURNS The seller is not obliged to accept return of goods for credit where they have been correctly supplied. Where the seller voluntarily accepts a return handling of 20% of the price or £25 whichever is the greater will be charged. No credit can be given unless goods are returned in perfect resaleable condition with a note of the invoice number and batch number under which they were supplied.
13. SHORT DELIVERY AND DAMAGED GOODS No claim for short delivery will be entertained unless notified within 24 hours of delivery. The buyer shall not be entitled to sign delivery notes “Unchecked” or similar.
No claim for damaged goods will be allowed unless notified in writing to the seller within 48 hours of delivery and all damaged goods will be allowed unless notified in writing to the seller within 48 hours of delivery and all damaged goods must be returned to the seller before a credit or replacement can be arranged.
14. LAW The contract shall be deemed to have been made in England. The parties to the contract shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts. English Law shall be the proper law of the contract.
Emergency telephone number: +44 (0)203 394 9871 (24 hours, UK number, English)
© Forgeway 2017 | Forgeway is an ISO 9001 Accredited company | Company Registration No. 07230689 | Vat No. GB 175 0273 17