Forgeway are a specialist manufacturer of high performance structural adhesives, sealants and coating based in Newton Abbot, and due to the continued growth we are looking to recruit a Production Operative to join our team.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience in a manufacturing role and be able to ensure accurate and timely production of materials, including operating machines and packaging/labelling manufactured products.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain stable employment within a growing business that will invest in your development.
- Operating machines, ensuring company Standard Operating Procedures are followed at all times;
- Packaging/labelling manufactured products to customers agreed specifications;
- Contributing to the delivery the manufacturing schedule, escalating any issues in a timely manner;
- Maintaining standards of health, safety and hygiene in the work place, ensuring compliance with health and safety guidelines/policy;
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is in full working order, and to carry out any basic maintenance procedures;
We are ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within manufacturing
- Passionate, conscientious and disciplined with a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Positive and personable attitude;
- Dedicated to continuous learning and development;
- Good spoken and written communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent time keeping;
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds/nationalities;
Working hours are 42.5 per week, Monday – Friday between 6.00am – 6.00pm.
In return you will receive a salary of £18,000 per annum and a free lunch each day.
To apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter stating suitability for the position to our careers email address.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 12th June 2017.